Thursday, July 23, 2009
5 Beauty/Fashion Secrets!
Note: these are things that I have personally found out over the years that have worked for me. Not everything listed is going to work for everyone.
1. DO NOT DYE YOUR HAIR: I know...I know, most people out there dye/highlight their hair. I will tell you this, I have been coloring my hair since I was in middle school and the happiest I have ever been with my hair color was yesterday when I FINALLY GOT IT BACK TO MY NATURE HAIR COLOR! Your natural hair color will always look the best with your skin tone. Try not to get to far away from it....
2. DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY: It really does help in clearing up your face from acne and it keeps your appetite in control.
3. NEVER SHY AWAY FROM THRIFT STORES: I love designer things (especially jeans) and I recently went to a thrift store in Houston,TX and picked up 3 pairs of Seven For All Mankind jeans (which would retail roughly around $600) for $60. I understand that some cities thrift stores may not have as much of a draw of good merchandise coming out of people's closest (since Houston is so big and has a wide variety of designer shops around it is a better bet that I would find these designer jeans here than in Montana). But you never know, I found a Vera Wang vintage black dress for $8 at a thrift store in Norman, OK. Just keep your eyes peeled.
4. MOISTURIZER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND: Lather that stuff on! No matter what season it is, the easiest way to ruin any outfit or first impression is to have your make up chipping off your face because of sunburn or winter wind (trust me, I am still battling dry skin)
5. CARGO HD PRESSED POWDER: It is simply amazing! It can cover anything and is exceptionally great for photo-ops.
~Hope this was helpful for some people~