Monday, June 1, 2009

Jack in the Box offensive....Seriously?

Ok, I know this is supposed to be a fashion blog, but every once and a while I am going to drive into issues in the advertising world (possibly because my degree is in advertising and I have such a soft spot for it!)

Anyways, as I was reading the Sunday May 31st edition of the Houston Chronicle when I noticed Ken Hoffman's article. Apparently, the Sunday before someone had written in complaining about this menopause Jack in the Box commercial. Now, I will admit that most of Jack in the Box commercials in the past have been stupid. However, I am kinda proud of this one getting all of this attention. It's still stupid, but it has an edge too it. A edge you do not see very often in fast food commercials. Along with Jack in the Box new adaptation to their logo, they are branching out into new branding territory. They have become more creative, their ad's are making more of an impact, even if it might be negative to a few uptight menopausal woman out there.

Oh, and by the way. Jack in the Box's target audience is not you woman over 55....it is the younger audience who can relate to how crazy you all are. So your not supposed to think it's funny anyways....not everything is targeted to you!

1 comment:

  1. I really like Jack in the Box, unfortunately here in Michigan there aren't any :(
    thanks for sharing, great post!

    ReplyDelete